Why Study MA in Art History?
Our Master of Arts in Art History (MAAH) programme is the first MA in Hong Kong to focus on art history. It provides advanced training for students and specialists pursuing either academic study in art history or professional careers in museum, curatorial, and other art-related fields.
One year full time
6 courses + 10,000 word MA dissertation
Courses on Asian and western art, from early periods to contemporary
The supervisor may be a full-time or part-time teacher in the Department of Art History if that teacher has appropriate expertise. Alternatively, the supervisor may be a museum professional or art historian outside the university if s/he has appropriate expertise in the student’s chosen topic. All MA dissertations are examined by the supervisor and by a second examiner who may be a teacher in the department or an outside expert.
- A Narrative Illustration of the Vimalakīrti Sutra at Dunhuang in Sixth-century China: A Case Study of Mogao Cave 249
- Emperor Qianlong in the Making of the Qing World
- Mountains and Rocks: The Re-interpretation of Chinese Landscape Painting in Contemporary Art
- Image of Efficacy: A Daoist Frontispiece from Southern Song Dynasty
- Landscape and National identity – the Dutch Republic in the seventeenth Century
- Beyond The Mirror: Destabilising Modern Thailand Through Tang Chang’s Self-Portraits